Click Image for Gallery
Bluo-gal is used as an alternative to X-gal that produces a darker blue color. Bluo-Gal is hydrolyzed by β-galactosidase to produce a blue precipitate. This precipitate is insoluble in alcohol and xylenes, thus making it suitable for immunoblotting and immunocytochemical assays. Bacterial colonies containing active β-galactosidase produce blue colonies when grown on plates containing bluo-gal.
Bluo-gal is commonly used in conjunction with IPTG for blue/white screening.
- Blue-Gal, Lapis™-β-D-Gal
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY GRADE
- Formula: C14H16BrNO6
- MW: 374.18 g/mol
- Purity: >99% by HPLC
- Soluble in dimethylformamide (DMF)
- Storage/Handling: Store at -15°C, protect from light.
- PubChem Chemical ID: 44161406
- CAS#: 97753-82-7
- Molecular Formula: C14H16BrNO6
- Molecular Weight: 374.18 g/mol
|Material Safety Data Sheet|