Annexin V Apoptosis Assay (3 Citations)
Apoptosis is a form of programmed cell death which is essential as a normal part of development in multicellular organisms. Apoptosis go awry in some disease states such as Alzheimer’s and cancer.
Annexin V Apoptosis Assay contains fluorescent dye conjugated Annexin V which detects apoptosis. It is based on a property of apoptotic cell where during onset of apoptosis, cells translocate the membrane phosphatidyl serine from inner face of plasma membrane to cell surface. Annexin V protein has high binding affinity for phosphatidyl serine in presence of calcium ions. Thus Annexin V- fluorescent dye bound cell is apoptotic and can be quantified by FACS. Furthermore, propidium iodide is supplied in kit to differentiate apoptotic cells from necrotic cells.
*Alexa Fluor dyes is a registered trademark of Molecular Probes and now a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Designed to detect cells undergoing apoptosis
- Available in 20 assay, 100 assays or 500 assays format with 100 μl assay volume.
- Can differentiate between apoptotic and dead cells.
- Suitable for flowcytometery and fluorescence microscope based experiments.
- Rapid:Staining can be done within 30 minutes.
- detect cells undergoing apoptosis
- Can differentiate between apoptotic cells and necrotic cells as necrotic cells are stained with propidium iodide.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|