Alum Adjuvant (1 Citations)
Antigen adsorbs on the surface of aluminum adjuvants via hydrophobic and vander waals forces, via electrostatic attraction and by ligand exchange. Aluminum hydroxide is positively charged at pH6-7.5 and attracts negatively charged protein.
- White colloidal suspension of aluminum hydroxide in neutral pH (~6.5-7)
- Contains no preservative or inactive agents to undermine immunogen binding capacity to Alum participles
- Less toxic and hazardous when compared to Freunds Complete Adjuvant
- Aluminum content ~ 10mg/ml
- Sterile preparation
- Nonpyrogenic and Endotoxin free
- Can be use with any kit that prepares antigen-carrier conjugate
Alum Adjuvant is insoluble white colloidal suspension of aluminum hydroxide used to potentiate immune response. It is used to raise polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and is less toxic and hazardous when compared to Freunds complete adjuvant.