Our No-Waste™ format adjuvant minimizes waste and risk of cross contamination. Small dose packaging allows researchers to assign a vial per project or animal without concerns for excessive documentation and monitoring. Researchers do not have the burden of storing large amounts of unused adjuvant.
Freund’s Complete Adjuvant (FCA), also known as Complete Freund's Adjuvant (CFA), comprises non-metabolizable oils like paraffin and mannide monooleate, and heat killed mycobacteria. These non-metabolizale oils help in formation of water in oil emulsion with aqueous antigen which helps in retention of antigen for longer times at the site of injection and therefore helps in boosting immune response. Furthermore, heat-killed mycobacteria attract macrophages and initiate cell-mediated immune response which is long lasting.
Freund’s Complete adjuvant is used along with Freund’s Incomplete Adjuvant to raise polyclonal and /or monoclonal antibodies. Freund’s Complete Adjuvant is used in primary immunization where as Freund’s Incomplete Adjuvant is used in secondary and booster injections. Freund’s Incomplete Adjuvant has less side affects compare to Freund’s Complete Adjuvant. Freund’s Complete Adjuvant form granulomas which may result in inflammation and lesions. Freund’s Incomplete Adjuvant can be used for primary immunization if the antigen is strongly immunogenic.
- No-Waste™ format: Small volume size eliminates wastage and risk of cross contamination
- Water-in-oil emulsion containing killed Mycobacteria
- Enhnaces immune response to antigen
- Used for initial injeciton
- It is used as water in oil emulsion with antigen for primary immunization to raise polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies for research purposes