CasPASE Apoptosis Colorimetric Assay™ (1 Citations)
The CasPASE™ Apoptosis Colorimetric Assay provides a simple and easy to follow method for assaying caspases, a key early indicator of apoptosis in mammalian cells.
The assay is based on the detection of cleavage of a synthetic substrate, which is labeled with the chromophore ρ-nitroaniline (ρNA) at the C-terminal. When liberated from the peptide, ρNA produces an optical change that can be detected by reading the absorbance at 405nm.
Comparison of the absorbance of an induced / apoptotic sample with an uninduced control allows one to determine the fold-increase in protease activity.
Each CasPASE™ assay kit is supplied with necessary assay buffers and enzyme specific ρNA-substrate.
- Assays for caspase enzymes 2, 3,7,10, 6 and 9 are available
- Colorimetric detection (405nm)
- Conveniently adaptable for high-throughput 96-well format
- All kits supplied with enzyme specific ρNA-substrate
- Monitor apoptosis by measuring various caspase activities in cells and tissues
- Use with purified enzyme preparations, cell extracts, and tissue lysates
- Characterization of caspase enzymes
|Material Safety Data Sheet|