RBC Lysis Buffer (17 Citations)
The ready-to-use, sterile RBC Lysis Buffer, Red Blood Cell Lysis Buffer, has been designed, formulated and tested for the optimal lysis of RBCs (erythrocytes), while having minimal effect of leukocytes, including lymphocytes, when used as directed. The RBC Lysis Buffer uses an optimized concentration of ammonium chloride and enhancers to lyze the red bloods cells that does not effectively lyze the nucleated RBCs. The use of RBC Lysis Buffer allows for the preferential lysis of red blood cells from whole blood and as these are the majority of cells in whole blood permits the concentration of the nucleated white blood cells. Ideal for the isolation of DNA and RNA from blood. Using RBC Lysis Buffer eliminates the need for toxic organic solvents or chaotropes. Available in 100, 250, 500 and 1,000ml bottles.
Our RBC Lysis buffer is used in our XIT™ DNA from Whole Blood kits.
A 10X concentrated RBC Lysis Buffer is also available in 100 and 500ml sizes.
Optimal lysis of red blood cells
Maintain white blood cells
Removal of red blood cells
Concentrate white blood cells for DNA and RNA isolation
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Molecular Biology Handbook||A guide to our products for DNA and RNA.|
|Certificate Of Analysis|
- Jian, H. L. et al (2021) CD30+OX40+ Treg is associated with improved overall survival in colorectal cancer. Cancer Immunol Immunother. doi.org/10.1007/s00262-021-02859-x
- Yoshida, K. et al (2020) Anti-PD-1 antibody decreases tumour-infiltrating regulatory T cells.BMC Biol.doi.org/10.1186/s12885-019-6499-y.
- Chudasama, D. et al (2019) Liquid Biopsies in Lung Cancer: Four Emerging Technologies and Potential Clinical Applications.Cancer
- Gojanovic, G. S. (2019) Subcutaneous Adipocyte Adenosine Triphosphate Levels in HIV Infected Patients. AIDS Res. Hum. Retroviruses. doi.org/10.1089/aid.2019.0121
- Karteris, E. et al (2019) Surfactant Protein D as a Potential Biomarker and Therapeutic Target in Ovarian Cancer. Oncol. 9:542
- Khoo, B. L. et al (2019) Low-dose anti-inflammatory combinatorial therapy reduced cancer stem cell formation in patient-derived preclinical models for tumour relapse prevention. Br. J. Cancer.120:407.
- Sen M. et al (2019) Rare Event Phenotyping and Molecular Characterization: Circulating Tumor Cells. Immunophenotyping. Methods in Molecular Biology. Vol 2032:213-226
- Yoshida, K. et al (2019) Anti-PD-1 antibody decreases tumourinfiltrating regulatory T cells. BMC CANCER. DOI:10.21203/rs.2.12812/v3
- Kishi, M. et al (2018) Blockade of platelet-derived growth factor receptor-β, not receptor-α ameliorates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in mice.PLoS ONE.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0209786.
- Kweon, K. et al (2018) Antitumor effects of SB injection in canine osteosarcoma and melanoma cell lines. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. Anim.1:10.
- Teo, J. et al (2017) A preliminary study for the assessment of PD-L1 and PD-L2 on circulating tumor cells by microfluidic-based chipcytometry. Future Science. https://doi.org/10.4155/fsoa-2017-0079
- Aeillo, N.M. et al (2016) Metastatic progression is associated with dynamic changes in the local microenvironment. Nat Commun. doi:10.1038/ncomms12819
- Pasi, S. et al ( 2016) Toll/Interleukin-1 Receptor Domain Derived from TcpC (TIR-TcpC) Ameliorates Experimental Autoimmune Arthritis by Down-modulating Th17 Cell Response.J. Biol. Chem. 2016; 291:12358-12369.
- Wanfeng, H. et al (2015) Anal. Chem. DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b02215
- Wolff, G. H. and Strausfeld, N. J. (2015) Phil. Trans. R. Soc. B 371:20150055
- Cone, A.C. et al (2012) Front. Pharmacol. 4:6
- Brown, A.L. et al (1999) PNAS 96:3745