A Solid Phase Iodination Reagent
Radioactive iodine (125I) is routinely used by researchers to label proteins. The iodination of proteins can be performed enzymatically or chemically. The Iodination reagent is designed to aid in the labeling of proteins with radioactive iodine.
The iodination reagent is virtually insoluble in all aqueous solutions and allows for solid phase iodination of proteins.
- Chemical Name: 1,3,4,6-tetrachloro-3α-6α-diphenylglycouril
- Synonym: Iodo-Gen®, NSC 4462
- Molecular Weight: 432.09
- Empirical Formula: C16H10Cl4N4O2
- CAS Number: 51592-06-4
- Iodination of tyrosyl groups in proteins and cell membranes
- Iodination of phenolic groups on crosslinkers or other protein modification reagents
Iodo-Gen is a registered trademark of Pierce Biotechnology, Inc.