CytoScan™ WST-1 Cell Proliferation Assay
CytoScan™ WST-1 Cell Proliferation Assay is a sensitive and accurate assay for cell proliferation and cytotoxicity. The assay is highly convenient as it is performed in a single cell tissue culture well and requires no washing, harvesting or solubilization of cells.
Adherent or suspension cells are cultured in a microplate and then incubated with WST-1 and the assay is monitored with a spectrophotometer. The assay principle is based upon the reduction of the tetrazolium salt WST-1 to formazan by cellular dehydrogenases. The generation of the dark yellow colored formazan is measured at 420-480nm (optimal at 440nm) and is directly correlated to cell number.
The kit components are sufficient for performing up to 500 or 2,000 assays.
Uses WST-1, a high sensitivity tetrazolium salt.
Adherent or suspension cells.
No washing, harvesting or solubilization required.
For the detection of cell toxicity, death, viability or proliferation.
Ideal for high throughput screening.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Comparison of Two Colorimetric Assays in the Detection of Cytotoxicity in Fibroblasts Initiated by Apoptotic Inducers||Comparison of Two Colorimetric Assays in the Detection of Cytotoxicity in Fibroblasts Initiated by Apoptotic Inducers|
|Protein Assay Handbook & Selection Guide||An introduction to protein assays.|
- Terry, A. L. et al (2018) Effects of endosulfan isomers on cytokine and nitric oxide production by differentially activated RAW 264.7 cells. Toxicol Rep. doi.org/10.1016/j.toxrep.2018.03.006.
- Tsai, C. Y. et al (2017) Effects of nano-grooved gelatin films on neural induction of human adipose-derived stem cells. RSC Adv.DOI: 10.1039/C7RA09020J.
- Lee, K. et al (2017) Polychlorinated biphenyl 19 blocks the most common form of store-operated Ca2+ entry through Orai. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00210-017-1420-1
- Pei, N. et al (2017) Angiotensin II type 2 receptor promotes apoptosis and inhibits angiogenesis in bladder cancer. J Exp Clin Cancer Res.DOI: 10.1186/s13046-017-0542-0
- Lin, Y. et al (2017) Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibitors suppress CCL2 chemokine in monocytes via epigenetic modification. Mol Immunol. 83:82
- Zvarova,B. et al (2016)Residual Detergent Detection Method for Non-Destructive Cytocompatibility Evaluation of Decellularized Whole Lung Scaffolds.Tissue Eng Part C Methods doi:10.1089/ten.TEC.2015.0439.
- Hsieh, C. et al (2014) Food Funct. DOI: 10.1039/C4FO00322E
- Schweigmann, H. et al (2014) J. Steroid Biochem. Mol. Biol. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsbmb.2014.03.013
- Galas, R.J. and Liu, J. (2014) J. Cell. Biochem. 115:111
- Kuo, C. et al (2013) Allergy. 68:870
- Chen, Y. et al (2013) Langmuir. 29:3721
- Hagmann, W. et al (2011) Cancers. 3:106
- Neelofar, K. et al (2011) Can. J. Microbiol. 57:204
- Li, H. et al (2009) Mol Cancer Ther 8:3255
|CytoScan™ WST-1 Cell Cytotoxicity Assay||500 Assays||
|CytoScan™ WST-1 Cell Cytotoxicity Assay||2000 Assays||