ASB-16 (2 Citations)
ASB-16 is a zwitterionic detergents composed of a sulfobetaine with a C16 alkyl tail that is highly efficient in solubilizing proteins for 2D electrophoresis analysis and other downstream applications. Optimal solubility is achieved in Urea and thiourea buffers, but not in urea alone.
- Type: Zwitterionic detergent
- Full Name: Amidosulfobetaine-16; 3-[N,N-Dimethyl-N-(3-palmitamidopropyl)ammonio]propane-1-sulfonate)
- CAS #: 52562-29-5
- Molecular Formula: C24H50N2O4S
- Molecular Weight: 462.73
- Form: White to off white powder
- Purity: >99%
- Solubility: Water soluble
- Conductivity: <50µS in a 10% solution
- Critical micelle concentration (CMC): 8mM (25°C)
Aminosulfobetaine with C16 alkyl tail.
In some cases superior than ASB-14.
Useful for solubilizing proteins for 2D analysis.
Optimal solubility achieved in urea-thiourea mixtures and not in urea alone.
Reported to show better protein solubilization properties than CHAPS.
ASB-16 has been shown to solubilize membrane proteins previously undetected.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Detergent Handbook & Selection Guide||A Comprehensive Guide to the Properties and Uses of Detergents in Research. Also features information on detergent removal systems.|
|Removing Detergents from Protein Solutions|