Dot Blot Analysis (1 Citations)
This lab activity teaches the use of highly specific matching properties of antigen-antibody for detection of antigenic or antibody proteins in complex samples.
One such immunodetection method is widely known as Dot Blot. The method involves applying small volumes of antigens or test samples on protein binding membrane; the membrane captures and immobilizes proteins. The proteins immobilized on the membrane are probed with a specific antibody and a matching specific detection reagent. In this lab activity students screen test samples from a population and identify those who are carriers of a disease.
Students learn Dot Blot technique and learn how this method is applied in the real world, for example in clinical testing, forensic, and research laboratories.
Supplied with components needed for hands-on experimentation for six workstations of 4-5 students or 24-30 students. Supplied with Teacher’s Guide and separate Student’s Guides.
- Supplied with necessary reagents and supplies for conducting Dot Blot analysis.
- Supplied with simulated test samples.
- Teaches immunodetection technique.
- Hands-on Dot Blot Analysis technique.
- Learn Dot Blot screening of unknown test samples, technique used by testing laboratories.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Life Science Educational Program||A guide to the educational training products offered by G-Biosciences|