Western Blot to Identify Alpha-Amylase (Lab 6G)
This kit is designed to teach 8 groups of four students the principles of Western blotting.
The kit contains the reagents to allow students to:
- Conduct a serial dilution of a stock amylase solution
- Prepare samples for PAGE electrophoresis
- Separate proteins by electrophoresis
- Transfer proteins to a membrane via Western transfer (Western Blot)
- Detect and visualize protein of interest (amylase) using enzyme-labeled antibody
- For 8 groups of 4 students
- Requires PAGE electrophoresis equipment with Western blotting module, micropipettes and tips
- HS-LS1: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- LS1.A: Structure and Function
NOTE: This kit is supplied with premade gels that are compatible with most other 10cm tanks. For Mini Protean™ and XCell SureLock™ gel boxes please contact us to request the appropriate substitution.