Fast Yeast Transformation™ kit is a rapid single step yeast transformation kit that takes less than 10 minutes to prepare competent yeast cells. The competent yeast cells can be used immediately or frozen for later use. This method is suitable for both circular and linear plasmid transformations. The protocol involves simply suspending yeast cells in the supplied Competent Buffer and the cells are then ready to receive transforming DNA. Introduce DNA to the competent cells and incubate for transformation.
- High transformation efficiency: 105-106 transformants/μg circular DNA
- Broad spectrum: Compatible with C. albicans, S. pombe, P. pastoris, or S. cerevisiae
- Transformation procedure takes less than an hour
- Frozen competent cells are good for use for up to 6 months
- Simple protocol for multiple plasmid transformation
- For the generation of competent yeast cells
- Generates plasmids suitable for multiple downstream applications