G-Sep™ SP Agarose Fast Flow
G-Sep™ SP Agarose Fast Flow (FF) resin is a strong cation exchanger composed of highly cross-linked 6% agarose beads, with Sulphopropyl (SP) strong cation exchange groups.
The resin is extensively used for biomacromolecule separations in both research and industrial applications. The G-Sep™ SP Agarose Fast Flow (FF) resins have high chemical stability, allowing well proven cleaning-in-place (CIP) and sanitization protocols and have been the industrial standard for ion exchange chromatography during recent decades.
Other G-Sep™ Ion Exchange resins include the weak anion exhanger DEAE, the weak cation exchanger CM and the strong anion exhanger Q.
- Matrix: Cross-linked agarose beads, 6%
- Ligand: Sulphopropyl
- Ion Exchanger : Strong cation exchanger
- Bead form: Spherical, diameter 45-165μm
- Ionic Capacity: 0.18-0.25 mmol (Na+)/ml
- Binding Capacity: 70 mg lysozyme /ml medium
- pH stability Working Range: 2-12
- pH stability Cleaning-in-Place (CIP): 2-14
- Maximum Flow Velocity: 450cm/h
- Maximum Pressure: 0.3MPa
- Exclusion limit(globular proteins): 4 x 106
- Physical Stability: Negligible volume variation due to changes in pH or ionic strength
- Chemical Stability: Stable to all commonly used aqueous buffers:1 M NaOH, 8M urea, 8M guanidine hydrochloride, 70% ethanol
- Autoclavable: With Na+ as counter Ions, at 121°C, pH 7, for 30 min in 0.2M sodium acetate for autoclaving
- Storage Conditions: 4 to 30°C, 20% Ethanol containing 0.2M sodium acetate
- Ion exchange chromatography