Immobilized DNase I
Immobilized DNase I is designed for use in molecular biology to remove DNA from RNA samples for RT-PCR purposes. Some RT-PCR reactions require removal of DNA from samples to prevent their interference in RT-PCR reactions. Samples can be directly treated with DNase I, however this adds addition step of removing DNase I. Immobilized DNase I thus is preferred to remove DNA from samples.
- Matrix: 6% cross-linked Agarose
- Coupling is covalent through linkage of amino group of the DNase I to the pre-activated agarose.
- Extent of labeling: 0.8-1.2 mg DNase I per ml resin
- Storage buffer: 50% Glycerol PBS
- Storage Temperature: -20°C, avoid repeated thaw cycles, store in aliquots
- Available in 2 ml resin size
- Immobilized DNase I agarose is designed to remove DNA from the samples without contaminating samples with DNase I