Immobilized Wheat Germ Agglutinin
Immobilized Wheat Germ Agglutinin (WGA) is prepared by covalently linking WGA to the 6% cross-linked agarose. Immobilized Wheat Germ Agglutinin is affinity resin used in purification of serum and membrane glycoproteins as wheat can bind oligosaccharides containing terminal N-acetylgluosamine or chitobiose structures which are commonly found in many serum and membrane glycoproteins
- Matrix: 6% cross-linked agarose
- Ligand: Wheat Germ Agglutinin
- Extent of labeling: 0.1-1mg of Wheat Germ Agglutinin per ml resin.
- Storage buffer: 20% ethanol
- Used in purification of serum and membrane glycoproteins