HOOK™ HRP SULFO Labeling
The HOOK™ HRP SULFO labeling kit is an efficient enzyme labeling kit for tagging proteins with horseradish peroxidase (HRP). The kit contains activated HRP that couples to peptides, proteins and ligands that have free sulfhydryl groups. The HRP has been maleimide-activated using Sulfo-SMCC, a hetero bifuncational reagent that contains an N-hydroxysuccinimide ester and a maleimide group.
The kit is supplied with two modification reagents SATA (N-Succinimidyl S-acetylthioacetate) and 2-mercaptoethylamine.HCl (2-MEA) which provides the researcher with choice for producing free sulfhydryl groups on proteins which are to be used in conjugation with HRP. SATA adds free sulfhydryls to existing amine groups of proteins, and mercaptoethylamine.HCl, a mild reducing agent reduces IgG to give IgG fragments with low avidity but intact affinity to antigen.
The HOOK™ HRP SULFO labeling kit contains reagents sufficient to carry our five 1 mg antibody labeling reactions.
- Activated HRP:The active form of HRP is malemide activated for coupling sulfhydryl molecules.
- Sulfhydryl group reactive: The activate HRP reacts with sulfhydryl groups (SH) on cysteine residues of proteins or to the sulfhydryl groups introduced in protein via reagents such as SATA.
- The enzyme retains high activity after activation. The enzyne activity is > 240 units/mg.
- HOOK™ HRP SULFO labeling kit contains reagents sufficient to carry our five 1 mg antibody labeling reactions.
- HOOK™ HRP SULFO labeling is supplied with activated HRP which is used in conjugation to proteins, especially antibodies for downstream applications such as ELISA, western and immunohistochemistry