OmniPrep™ for Plant (1 Citations)
A selection of genomic isolation kits are offered that purify high quality genomic DNA from a wide variety of sources and for a wide array of applications.
Our OmniPrep™ genomic DNA kits are for ultra pure genomic DNA that is suitable for all downstream applications. These kits are fully scalable for large genomic DNA isolations. The procedure is slightly more involved to ensure ultra pure DNA.
Based on our popular OmniPrep™ system, the OmniPrep™ for Plant kit isolates high quality genomic DNA from plant samples, including fresh and frozen plant tissues. The kit isolates high purity (A260/A280 ratios of 1.8 to 2.0) DNA (about 100kbp) and the yield is 0.5 to 3μg/mg plant tissue. If used according to protocol, the kit purifies DNA from 20 grams plant tissue.
The kit uses a rapid precipitation technique that uses unique precipitation reagents to isolate genomic DNA free from proteins and RNA. Pure genomic DNA is isolated in 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the tissue type used.
- Simple two tube method: 20-40 minutes
- No toxic chemicals, no phenol, no hazardous waste
- Overcomes the high concentration of plant polysaccharides
- Suitable for fresh or frozen plant tissues
- Extraction of pure genomic DNA from plant tissues
- Extraction of high quality, ~100kb genomic DNA
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Molecular Biology Handbook||A guide to our products for DNA and RNA.|