PBST [10X] (8 Citations)
A 10X Concentrated solution of Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween® 20. The 10X Concentration is 80mM Na2HPO4, 1.5M NaCl, 20mM KH2PO4, 30mM KCl, 0.5% Tween® 20, pH 7.4. A dry format PBST is also avaialble
PBST is commonly used as a wash solution for Western blot membranes and microtiter plate wells in ELISA assays. The Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 is an optimal formulation of pH stabilizers, salts and detergents designed to effectively remove excess material from membranes and microtiter plate wells without disrupting the antigen/antibody binding reaction.
By maintaining the proper buffering environment, unbound components can be washed away without suppressing antigen-antibody binding interactions, thereby reducing nonspecific background and increasing the specific signal.
- 1X Concentration is 8mM Na2HPO4, 150mM NaCl, 2mM KH2PO4, 3mM KCl, 0.05% Tween® 20, pH 7.4
- Wash buffer for Western Blotting and ELISA
- Guo, M. et al (2020) Epigenetic changes associated with increased estrogen receptor alpha mRNA transcript abundance during reproductive maturation in chicken ovaries. Anim. Reprod. Sci.doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2020.106287.
- Kramer, L et al (2020) Modeling Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy Using a Nerve-on-a-Chip Microphysiological System. 1:16
- Wallén-Mackenzie, A. et al (2020) Comm Bio doi.org/10.1038/s42003-020-1028-8
- Sharma, S. et al (2019) Protein signatures linking history of miscarriages and metabolic syndrome: a proteomic study among North Indian women. Peer J. doi.org/10.7717/peerj.6321.
- Flentie, K. et al (2018) Microplate-based surface area assay for rapid phenotypic antibiotic susceptibility testing.Sci Rep.9:237
- Guo, M. et al (2017) Genome-wide mapping of estrogen receptor α binding sites by ChIP-seq to identify genes related to sexual maturity in hens. Gene. DOI:org/10.1016/j.gene.2017.11.020.
- Sahana, N. et al (2012) PLOS. 7(12): e52546
- Wang, L. et al (2012) Analyst. 137:1319