For improved assay sensitivity, minimal non-specific binding, and a high signal-to-background ratio, NAP-BLOCKER™, an animal-free protein blocking agent, is recommended. NAP-BLOCKER™ offers an alternative to milk-based blocking agents, minimizing the risk of non-specific binding of antibodies during the immuno-detection process and lowering the background. NAP-BLOCKER™ ensures no cross-reaction with your animal source antigens and antibodies, due to being 100% free of animal proteins. A major drawback of current blocking solutions, such as BSA, casein and milk powder, is that they are derived from animal sources. The presence of animal proteins can often lead to high non-specific backgrounds as antigens and antibodies, generated in animals, interact with the "blocking" animal proteins.
NAP-BLOCKER™ is easy to use and generates high publication quality blots. NAP-BLOCKER™ is free from biotin and other cross-reacting agents present in most animal source blocking agents. NAP-BLOCKER™ ensures uniform blocking without non-specific binding and shows improved results compared to milk powder preparations. NAP-BLOCKER™ is supplied as a pre-made, 2X concentrated solution; simply dilute with any buffer and block nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes. Alternatively, NAP-BLOCKER™ is supplied in PBS or TBS buffers.
- Animal-free, 2X concentrated solution
- Uniform blocking without non-specific binding
- Reduced background staining
- No cross-reactions with animal source antigens & antibodies
- High signal-to-background ratio
- Blocking agent for immunodetection assays
- Improved assay sensitivity & high publication quality blots
- Suitable for Western blot, dot blot & ELISA experiments