DTT (1,4 Dithiothreitol) (4 Citations)
1,4 Dithiothreitol (DTT) is a small molecule reducing agent, also known as Cleland’s reagent. G-Biosciences DTT is a high quality proteomic grade DTT and is supplied in various sizes, including a OneQuant™ version. The OneQuant™ format features 40 vials of 7.7mg DTT for convenient one shot uses.
DTT is a common reducing agent used for the cleavage of disulfide bonds. Our DTT is supplied in bulk 5 gram quantities.
OneQuant™ DTT are single aliquots that eliminate the need for weighing, preventing reagent loss and saving time. Simply add 90μL water to a single tube to generate a 0.5M DTT solution. Our OneQuant™ DTT is supplied with 40 individual tubes.
- Synonym: 1,4-dithiothreitol, threo-1,4-Dimercapto-2,3-butanediol, DL-Dithiothreitol, Cleland’s reagent, DTT, cleland′s reagent, dithiothreitol, 1,4-
- CAS Number: 3483-12-3
- Molecular Weight: 154.25
- Linear Formula: HSCH2CH(OH)CH(OH)CH2SH
- Reducing agent
- Cleaves disulfide bonds
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Molecular Biology Handbook||A guide to our products for DNA and RNA.|
|Protein Cross-Linking Handbook||A detailed guide to protein cross-linkers and their reactions.|
|Protein Electrophoresis Handbook||A guide to 1D and 2D protein electrophoresis products, including protein markers, electrophoresis buffers, 2D electrophoresis reagents, clean-up reagents and stains. The guide also offers protein sample preparation products.|
|Western Blotting Handbook||From protein electrophoresis and Western transfer to blocking, probing and detection of membrane immobilized proteins.|
- Oh, Jun T. et al (2021) Development of a Broth Microdilution Method for Exebasase Susceptibility testing. ANTIMICROB AGENTS CH. https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.02587-20
- Zogchel, V. et al (2021) C.E.; et al. Specific and Sensitive Detection of Neuroblastoma mRNA Markers by Multiplex RT-qPCR. Cancers 2021, 13, 150. https://doi.org/10.3390/
- Cai, C. X. et al (2019) Characterization of AEBSF-antibody modifications for a protease inhibitor supplementation strategy. Anal Bioanal Chem. doi.org/10.1007/s00216-019-01995-9
- Garapaty, A. and Champion, J. (2016) Tunable particles alter macrophage uptake based oncombinatorial effects of physical properties. Bioengineering and Translational Medicine doi: 10.1002/btm2.10047