The Fab Fragmentation kits are designed for the generation and isolation of Fab fragments from IgG molecules.
The kits utilize our Immobilized Papain resin. Papain is a cysteine protease enzyme (EC 18.104.22.168) that has the endopeptidase activity to cleave immunoglobulin G molecules in the hinge reason. This cleavage results in the generation of three ~50kDa fragments; two Fab domains and a Fc domain. The papain-digested antibody is unable to promote agglutination, precipitation, opsonization, and lysis. Immobilized Papain offers the advantage of generating Fab and Fc fragments without the need to remove the papain enzyme after digestion.
Following papain digestion the Fab fragments are separated from undigested IgG and the Fc region with the supplied Protein A Spin Column. The Protein A Resin binds the IgG and Fc molecules and the Fab are rapidly collected due to the spin-format design.
In addition, SpinOUT™ GT-600 desalting columns are supplied to ensure the initial antibody sample is in the optimal condition for Fab Fragmentation.
The Fab Fragmentation kit is optimized for mouse, rabbit and human IgG, using 0.25-4mg/ 0.5ml sample.
The Fab Fragmentation (Micro) kit is optimized for mouse, rabbit and human IgG, using 25-250µg/ 125µl sample.
- Immobilized Papain ensures no enzyme contamination of digestions
- Optimized for human, mouse* and rabbit IgG
- Results in ready-to-use Fab fragments, with enhanced yield and purity
- Spin format for rapid purification
- Contains all essential reagents
- Two convenient kit sizes available
- For the generation of Fab fragments from IgG antibody molecules.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|