HOOK™-NHS-dPEG™4-Biotin reacts with protein primary amines. Amines, lysine ε-amines and N-terminal α-amines, are the most abundant group in protein molecules and represent the most common target for biotinylation. For example, BSA contains 59 primary amines, of which up to 35 are available on the surface of the molecules and can be reacted with amine reactive esters.
The kit is designed for the conjugation of biotin to protein primary amine groups and is supplied with 8 x 1mg OneQuant™ HOOK™-Sulfo-NHS-LC-Biotin, a specific Optimizer Buffer™ for enhanced conjugation, and Spin-OUT™ columns for purification of labelled protein.
This HOOK™-NHS-dPEG™4-Biotin kit is designed for the coupling of 50-250µg protein in 0.2-0.7ml buffer, suitable for 8-10 couplings.
Also available in a larger size kit for the coupling of 1-10mg protein in 1ml buffer, suitable for 10 couplings.
- Micro kit for labeling protein primary amines
- Optimizer Buffer for improved coupling efficiency
- Gel filtration columns for rapid (<10 minute) purification
- Labels 50-250µg protein/reaction
- Suitable for 8-10 couplings