Western ReProbe™ (81 Citations)
Western ReProbe™ is a single component system that is specifically formulated to dissociate and remove antibodies from membrane-bound proteins without destroying the antigenic binding affinity. Western ReProbe™ also enables the ability to reuse western blots.
Western ReProbe™ breaks the antigen-antibody binding affinity without using denaturants, SDS or boiling. The membrane-bound protein is retained on the membrane, and the matching antibodies are washed away. Once the antigen-antibody bonds are broken, the membrane-bound protein is free to accept new proteins.
Removal of antibodies also removes corresponding chemiluminescent or radio-isotopic signals from the blots. The stripped blots can then be probed with new probes (see figure 1).
Western ReProbe™ is not recommended for stripping color-producing western blots that use substrates such as TMB, chloronapthol and DAB.
Western ReProbe™ is supplied as a 5X concentrated solution. Each 100 milliliters is sufficient for 25 to 30 standard size (7.5cm x 8.5cm) western blots.
For high affinity antibodies, we recommend our Western ReProbe™ PLUS.
- Simply incubate the blot in Western ReProbe™ at room temp & wash
- No boiling, denaturants or SDS required
- Repeated analysis of Western blots with multiple probes
- Re-analysis & correction of unsatisfactory Western blots
- Conservation of hard-to-obtain test samples & reagents
- Time saving in not rerunning gels & transfer processes
- Screen same blot with different antibodies
- Reprobe for housekeeping proteins
- Compare phosphorylated & total protein on the same blot
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Multiple Probing of Western Blots|
|Western Blotting Handbook||From protein electrophoresis and Western transfer to blocking, probing and detection of membrane immobilized proteins.|