FOCUS™ Protein Reduction-Alkylation Kit (7 Citations)
The FOCUS™ Reduction-Alkylation kit offers a simple two-step method for reduction and alkylation of protein samples for 2D gel analysis.
The disulfide bonds are reduced with a highly reactive and stable TCEP [Tris (2-carboxyethyl) phosphine] followed by blocking of the thiols by alkylation with iodoacetamide reagent preparation.
The kit is supplied with proprietary buffers and reagents necessary for an efficient reduction and alkylation of the disulfide bridges while minimizing reoxidation of the thiols.
- 2D electrophoresis compatible.
- Reduction and alkylation of protein samples in two simple steps.
- Supplied with a proprietary buffer to minimize reoxidation of the competing thiol pairs.
- Preparation of protein samples for improved resolution on 2D gels.
- Reduction of disulfide bonds.
- Blocking of thiols by alkylation for preventing reoxidation of proteins.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Mass Spectrometry Sample Prep Handbook||A guide to the preparation of protein samples for Mass Spectrometry, including protein extraction, clean-up and peptide generation.|
|Protein Electrophoresis Handbook||A guide to 1D and 2D protein electrophoresis products, including protein markers, electrophoresis buffers, 2D electrophoresis reagents, clean-up reagents and stains. The guide also offers protein sample preparation products.|