G-Sep™ Octyl Agarose Fast Flow (FF) is a 6% cross-linked agarose with octyl groups for Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC). The resin is used to separate biomolecules on the basis of relative hydrophobicity.
G-Sep™ Agaroses for HIC are also available with butyl and phenyl groups immobilized on 6% cross-linked agarose beads through neutral and highly stable ether linkages.
Click here to request bulk or custom sizes.
- Matrix: Highly cross-linked Agarose, 6%
- Bead form: Spherical, diameter 50-160μm
- Ligand: Octyl
- Ligand Concentration: About 5μmol /ml
- Binding Capacity: About 30mg HSA/ml resin
- pH stability Working Range: 3-13
- pH stability Cleaning-in-Place (CIP): 2-14
- Maximum Pressure (MPa): 0.3
- Maximum Flow Velocity: 450cm/h
- Exclusion Limit (Globular Proteins): 4 x 106
- Physical Stability: Negligible volume variation due to changes in pH or ionic strength
- Chemical Stability: Stable to all commonly used aqueous buffers: 1 M NaOH, 8 M urea, 8 M guanidine hydrochloride, 70% ethanol
- Sterilization: Autoclavable, In 1M NaOH,121 °C, pH 7, for 30 min
- Storage Conditions: 4 to 30°C, 20% Ethanol
- Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography