Taq PLUS DNA Polymerase (3 Citations)
Taq Plus DNA Polymerase is a mixture of Taq DNA Polymerase and Pfu, a proofreading DNA Polymerase, which allows for the amplification of long templates, up to 20kb, with high fidelity. The two enzymes act synergistically during PCR to generate more accurate and longer PCR products with greater yields compared to Taq DNA Polymerase alone. PCR products, amplified up to 20kb in length with Taq Plus DNA Polymerase, contain a mixture of blunt ends and single base (A) 3’ overhang. The error rate of this PCR amplification is 7.5x10-5 per nucleotide per cycle.
20mM Tris.HCl (pH8.0), 100mM KCl, 3mM MgCl2, 1mM DTT, 0.1% Nonidet® P-40, 0.1% Tween® 20, 0.2mg/ml BSA, 50% (v/v) glycerol.
10X PCR BUFFER
100mM Tris-HCl (pH8.8), 500mM potassium chloride, 1% Triton® X-100, 16mM MgCl2.
One unit (U) is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to catalyze the incorporation of 10 nanomoles of deoxyribonucleotides into acid-insoluble material in 30 minutes at 70°C using herring sperm DNA as a substrate.
- 5’→3’ polymerase activity
- 3’→5’ proofreading exonuclease activity
- Error rate 7.5x10-5 nucleotide-1 cycle-1
- Available as a 2X Mastermix
- Parthibhan, S. (2017) Culturable fungal endophytes in shoots of Dendrobium aqueum Lindley – An imperiled orchid. Ecological Genetics and Genomics. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egg.2017.06.004
- Sah, S. et al (2017) Concomitant Ability of Siderophore Against Iron Paucityand Fusarium wilt in Lycopersicon esculentum. Biosci., Biotech. Res. Asia. 14:319
- Tewan, K. et al (2017) Molecular cloning, heterologous expression and functional characterization of gamma tocopherol methyl transferase (γ-TMT) from Glycine max. Protein Expr Purif.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pep.2017.08.006