Alamar Blue Cell Viability Assay
Click Image for Gallery
AlamarBlue Cell Viability Assay reagent quantitatively measures the proliferation of mammalian cell lines, bacteria and fungi. The dye incorporates an oxidation-reduction (REDOX) indicator that both fluoresces and change color in response to the chemical reduction of growth medium due to cell growth.
The alamarBlue (resazurin) dye in its oxidized form is blue in color and non-fluorescent. In alamarBlue assay the growing cells cause a chemical reduction of the alamarBlue dye from non-fluorescent blue to red fluorescent. The continued growth of viable cells maintain a reducing environment (fluorescent, red) and inhibition of growth maintains an oxidized environment (non-fluorescent, blue), which can be detected using a fluorescence or absorbance detector.
- High sensitivity and linerarity
- Non-toxic to cells
- No cell lysis
- Flexible and versatile
- Monitor cell proliferation and cell viability for in vitro cytotoxicity studies (e.g., effects of environmental toxins, cytokines, drugs, siRNA/microRNA)
- Monitor cell viability in real time for 3D tissue engineering applications
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
- Sun, Y. et al (2018) BMAL1 and CLOCK proteins in regulating UVB‐induced apoptosis and DNA damage responses in human keratinocytes. J Cell Physiol Suppl.doi.org/10.1002/jcp.26859.
- Zipperer, A. and Kretschmer, D. (2016) Cytotoxicity Assays as Predictors of the Safety and Efficacy of Antimicrobial Agents. Methods in Mol. Biol. 1520:107
|AlamarBlue Cell Viability Assay Reagent||10ml||
|AlamarBlue Cell Viability Assay Reagent||25ml||
|AlamarBlue Cell Viability Assay Reagent||50ml||