Malachite Green Phosphate Assay
Malachite Green Phosphate Assay is a simple, rapid, colorimetric kit for estimation of free phosphate in the solution. The assay is based on the principle of quantifying the green color complex formed between malachite green, molybdate and free orthophosphate. The complex formation is rapid and can be measured on a spectrophotometer at 600-600 nm or on plate reader.
- Rapid: The assay is rapid, The plate can be read as early as 10 minutes after addition of Malachite Green Solution to the samples.
- High sensitive: The assay is high sensitive and can detect picomoles of free phosphate ions in the solution.
- Linear detection range: 0-2000 picomoles
- Avialable in 250 microwell assay size.
- The assay can be used to measure activity of phosphatases, lipases and nucleoside triphosphatases.
- The assay can be used for quantification of phosphate in phospholipids and proteins.
- The assay can be used in high throughput screening of phosphatase inhibitors for drug discovery