DMSO, Sterile Filtered
Dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) is a very polar organic compound which used for solubilizing organic and inorganic compounds. In addition, DMSO is used in cell culture as a cryoprotectant added to cell culture medium, to prevent formation of ice crystals during freezing of cells. DMSO can be used in molecular biology in PCR reactions to inhibit the self-complementation of DNA or PCR primers especially for GC rich DNA sequences and thus increase amplification.
DMSO, Sterile Filtered is prepared by filter sterilizing DMSO through 0.2 micron filter. DMSO, Sterile Filtered is suitable for cell culture and tissue culture work that require elimination of all potential source of contamination.
- Molecular weight: 78.13 g/mol
- Molecular Formula:C2H6SO
- CAS Number: 67-68-5
- Sterile Filtered
- Storage and handling: Store at room temperature in dry and well-ventilated place.
- DMSO, Sterile Filtered is suitable for cell culture and tissue culture work that require elimination of all potential source of contamination.
- Suitable for solubilizing organic and inorganic compounds (eg: potential drugs) used in cell culture.
- Suitable for molecular work such as use in PCR reactions.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|DMSO, Sterile Filtered||10 ml||
|DMSO, Sterile Filtered||5 x 10 ml||