CytoScan™ SRB Cytotoxicity Assay
CytoScan™-SRB Cytotoxicity Assay is an accurate and reproducible assay based upon the quantitative staining of cellular proteins by sulforhodamine B (SRB).
This assay has been used for high-throughput drug screening at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) (1). Sulforhodamine B is an anionic aminoxanthene dye that forms an electrostatic complex with the basic amino acid residues of proteins under moderately acid conditions, which provides a sensitive linear response. The color development is rapid and stable and is readily measured at absorbances between 560 and 580nm. The kit components are sufficient for performing up to 1000 assays.
- Measures total biomass by staining cellular proteins.
- Linear response.
- Simple, accurate and reproducible assay.
- For the detection of cell toxicity, death, viability or proliferation.
- Ideal for high throughput screening.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Comparison of Two Colorimetric Assays in the Detection of Cytotoxicity in Fibroblasts Initiated by Apoptotic Inducers||Comparison of Two Colorimetric Assays in the Detection of Cytotoxicity in Fibroblasts Initiated by Apoptotic Inducers|
|Protein Assay Handbook & Selection Guide||An introduction to protein assays.|
- Kwon, E. et al (2018) The RNA-binding protein YBX1 regulates epidermal progenitors at a posttranscriptional level.Nat Commun. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-018-04092-0.
- Unubol, N. et al (2017) Peptide Antibiotics Developed by Mimicking Natural Antimicrobial Peptides. Clin Microbiol. DOI: 10.4172/2327-5073.1000291
- Ma, E. et al (2017) Pharmacologic ascorbate induces neuroblastoma cell death by hydrogen peroxide mediated DNA damage and reduction in cancer cell glycolysis. Free Radic Biol Med. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2017.09.008
- Tseng, Y. T. et al (2016) Loganin possesses neuroprotective properties, restores SMN protein and activates protein synthesis positive regulator Akt/mTOR in experimental models of spinal muscular atrophy. Pharmacol. Res.doi:10.1016/j.phrs.2016.05.023
- Zhou, W.P. et al (2015) Indian J Pharm Sci. 77:449
- Cross, C. et aql (2015) Biomed Res Int 25:7090
- Tolstikov, V. et al (2014) PLoS ONE 9(12): e114019
- Xiao, Y. et al (2013) Neoplasia 15:1151
- Xiao, Y. et al (2013) Neoplasia 15:1137
- Boyerinas, B et al (2012) IJC. 130:1787
- Zhao, Y. et al (2012) ACS Nano. 6:8684
- Haque, F. et al (2012) Nanotoday. 7:245
|CytoScan™ SRB Cytotoxicity Assay||1000 Assays||