Characterizing Proteins by PAGE (Lab 5F)
This kit is designed to teach 8 groups of four students the principles of Protein Electrophoresis.
The kit contains the reagents to allow students to:
- Conduct a serial dilution of a stock amylase solution
- Prepare samples for PAGE electrophoresis
- Separate and distinguish proteins by electrophoresis
- Detect and visualize protein by in gel fluorescent stain and/or Coomassie based stain
- For 8 groups of 4 students
- Requires PAGE electrophoresis equipment and micropippettes and tips
- HS-LS1: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- LS1.A: Structure and Function
NOTE: This kit is supplied with premade gels that are compatible with most other 10cm tanks. For Mini Protean™ and XCell SureLock™ gel boxes please contact us to request the appropriate substitution.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|The rAmylase Project: Characterizing Proteins by PAGE||8 x 4 student groups||