G-Biocide-I is a broad spectrum antimetabolite that target Krebs cycle of microorganisms. It inhibits growth of both bacteria and fungi. It is based on optimized concentration of 5-Chlroro-2-methyl-4-siothiazolin-3-one (CMIT) and 2-methyl-4-isothiazolin-3-one(MIT). G-Biocide-I attacks and inhibits the central metabolic cycle of the cell, the Krebs cycle. It inhibits succinate dehydrogenase and NADH dehydrogenase enzymes of the Krebs cycle. It also inhibits pyruvate dehydrogenase, lactate dehydrogenase and alcohol dehydrogenase
G-Biocide-I is safe to use when compared with thimerosal and azide based biocides as those are more toxic for disposal. Furthermore, azide is mostly used at concentration where it just serves as bacteriostatic and not bacteroicidal.
G-Biocide-I acts within minutes after contacting microorganisms by disrupting its metabolic krebs cycle by inhibiting specific enzymes in krebs cycle. It is both bacteriocidal and bacteriostatic.
• Form: liquid, sterile filtered
• Recommended concentration for use: Add to reagents in ratio 1:1000 (For example: For 1L solution add 1 ml G-Biocide-I as a preservative)
• Storage: Room temperature
• Stabilizers: none
• Working pH range: 2.5-8.5
• Used as preservative to preserve wide range of research reagents such as buffers, blocking solutions for ELISA, chromatography resins and Immunoglobulins storage solutions.