Tri-Xtract™ (8 Citations)
Tri-Xtract™ is a convenient, ready-to-use reagent designed for the isolation of total RNA that is free from protein and DNA contamination. The isolated RNA is suitable for Northern blots, dot blot hybridization, in-vitro translation, RNase protection assays and poly (A+) selection.
Tri-Xtract™ is a monophasic solution of phenol and guanidine thiocyanate that maintains the integrity of the RNA during cell disruption and homogenization, the addition of chloroform results in the separation of the homogenate into aqueous and organic phases. RNA partitions to the aqueous phase, DNA to the interphase, and proteins to the organic phase. The total RNA is recovered by isopropyl alcohol precipitation. The DNA and proteins can also be recovered by sequential precipitation from the organic phase.
Tri-Xtract™ is suitable for the isolation of total RNA, including mRNA, hnRNA, ribosomal RNA and tRNA, from small quantities of tissues (50-100mg) and cells (5 x 106) from human, animal, plant, yeast, bacterial and viral origin. Total RNA is isolated in under an hour and the subsequent isolation of DNA and protein in less than three hours.
- Isolate high quality RNA
- Immediate inhibition of RNase
- One hour protocol
- Ability to sequentially isolate RNA, DNA then protein
- RNA suitable for Northern blots, dot blot hybridization, in-vitro translation, RNase protection assays and poly (A+) selection.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Molecular Biology Handbook||A guide to our products for DNA and RNA.|
- Belluti, S. et al (2021) Alternative splicing of NF-YA promotes prostate cancer aggressiveness and represents a new molecular marker for clinical stratification of patients. J EXP CLIN CANCER RES. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13046-021-02166-4
- Horvath, G. et al (2021) Interaction of clozapine with metformin in a schizophrenia rat model. SCI REP. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-96478-2
- Monu, Agnihotri P. et al (2021) Transthyretin and Receptor for Advanced Glycation End Product's Differential Levels Associated with the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. J INFLAMM RES. https://doi.org/10.2147/JIR.S327736
- Singh, O.W. et al (2021) Spray application of a cocktail of dsRNAs reduces infection of chili leaf curl virus in Nicotiana benthamiana. J PLANT DIS PROT. https://doi.org/10.1007/s41348-021-00549-5
- Oliveira, B et al (2020) BMC Cancer. doi.org/10.1186/s12885-020-06978-z
- Wang, L. et al. (2020) α-Methylene-β-lactone probe for measuring live-cell reactions of small molecules. 6:31
- Banki, L. et al (2019) Distinct changes in chronic pain sensitivity and oxytocin receptor expression in a new rat model (Wisket) of schizophrenia. NEUROSCI LETT. 714:134561
- Krejci, M.R. et al (2011) J. Struc. Biol. 176:192