A water soluble, odorless, non-toxic and stable protein reductant. Protein-S-S-Reductant™ uses TCEP (Tris [2-carboxyethyl] phosphine), a popular alternative to ß-mercaptoethanol and DTT (dithiothreitol). TCEP improves stability, increases effectiveness, and reduces proteins over a wider range of pH, including lower acidic pH's, compared to other reductants.
Protein-S-S-Reductant™ completely reduces stable disulfide bonds in less than 5 minutes at room temperature and is compatible with the protein alkylation reactions.
Protein-S-S-Reductant™ is a ready-to-use solution that is at neutral pH and stabilized for long-term storage (1 year).
Simply supplement Protein-S-S-Reductant™ in place of DTT or ß-mercaptoethanol and boil the sample, before loading your gels.
- Ready-to-use solution, odorless, stable and non-toxic.
- Neutral protein reduction solution.
- Compatible with the alkylation reaction.
- Works over a wide range of pH, including lower acidic pH's.
- Reduction of protein disulfide bonds.
- Reduction step for protein electrophoresis and other applications.