Samples that contain a large abundance of albumin, such as plasma and cerebrospinal fluid, tend to mask identification and discovery of other less abundant proteins in two dimensional gel electrophoresis and other studies. AlbuminOUT™ has been specifically developed for substantial removal of albumin from such samples.
The albumin removal method is based on the binding of albumin with Cibacron Blue dye. AlbuminOUT™ has been optimized for removal of human albumin from samples. AlbuminOUT™ uses a rapid spin column method, where each column contains 0.2 milliliter dye-bound resins with capacity of greater than 2 milligrams human albumin per column. AlbuminOUT™ will remove over 98% albumin from five to 50 microliters human plasma. The spin column format allows removal of albumin within ten minutes.
The high capacity blue dye-binding resin allows instantaneous binding and removal of albumin from human, pig, sheep, dog, rabbit, rat, and bovine samples. AlbuminOUT™ may also be used for removal of albumin from other species.
Our AlbuminOUT™ kits are suitable for processing 25 or 50 samples. We offer a trial kit as well, with just four preps.
- Rapid spin column format for albumin removal in under 10 minutes
- Binding of albumin with Cibacron Blue dye
- High capacity blue dye binding resin for instantaneous binding and removal of albumin
- Column capacity: >2mg human albumin per column
- Removal of >98% albumin from biological samples such as human plasma and cerebrospinal fluid
- Optimized for removal of human albumin
- Albumin removal from non-human species, including pig, sheep, dog, rabbit, rat, bovine and other samples