HOOK™-Biotin-Hydrazide Labeling Kit
HOOK™-Biotin-Hydrazide reacts with oxidized carbohydrate side chains. Some biotin reagents do not bind directly to the protein itself but conjugate to the carbohydrate residues of glycoproteins. Carbodhydrate reactive biotin reagents contain hydrazides (-NH-NH2) as a reactive group. The hydrazide reactions require carbonyl groups, such as aldehydes and ketones, which are formed by oxidative treatment of the carbohydrates.
Each kit is designed for the conjugation of biotin to carbohydrates and is supplied with HOOK™-Biotin-Hydrazide, a specific Optimizer Buffer™ for enhanced conjugation, Spin-OUT™ columns for purification of labelled protein, and reagents to determine the amount of biotinylation.
Each kit is designed for the coupling of 1-10mg protein in 1ml buffer, suitable for 10 couplings.
This product is an improvement of BK-18 and its direct replacement.
- Complete kit for labeling carbohydrate groups
- Optimizer Buffer for improved coupling efficiency
- Gel filtration columns for rapid (<10 minute) purification
- Biotin assay reagents to determine level of biotin incorporation
- Labels 1-10mg protein/reaction
- Suitable for 10 coupling reactions
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Assay Development||A handbook for selection of products for assay development, including coated plates, blocking agents, antibodies, enzymes and antibody labeling tools.|
|Protein Labeling & Conjugation|