Firefly luciferase is a unique photoprotein used in bioluminescence for high sensitive detection and quantification of ATP and as a reporter for studying gene function and regulation. Luciferase (Firefly, Recombinant) is recombinant 62 kDa protein expressed in E. Coli.
Click here to request bulk or custom sizes.
- Single band purity, >99 % by SDS-PAGE
- High specific activity: ≥1 x 10E10 units/mg
- Molecular weight: 62 kDa
- Purity: >99 % by SDS-PAGE. Single band purity
- Protein amount: determined based on absorbance at 280 nm and molecular extinction co-efficeint of Luciferase
- Source: E. coli
- Shipping and handling: Luciferase (Firefly, Recombinant) is shipped on dry ice. Store at -20°C. Avoid repeated thawing and thaw on ice. When stored properly as advised the enzyme is stable for 1 year. For long term storage make small aliquotes and store at -70°C. For making enzyme dilutions it is recomended to add 1 % carrier protein such as BSA to the dilution buffer.
- Firefly luciferase is used in bioluminescence for high sensitive detection and quantification of ATP
- Firefly luciferase is used as reporter for studying gene function and regulation.