CytoScan™-fluoro Cytotoxicity Assay
The CytoScan™-fluoro is based on the quantification of cellular lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) released when cells are damaged or under stress. Lactate dehydrogenase released into the culture medium is measured with a diaphorase coupled enzymatic assay that results in the conversion of a non-fluorescent compound (resazurin) to a fluorescent compound (resorufin), which is measured using a fluorometer. The assay detects even low level damage to cell membrane not detected with other methods.
The CytoScan™-fluoro kit does not damage healthy cells and the assay can be performed directly in the cell culture wells containing a mixed population of viable and damaged cells. The kit is supplied with substrate mix, assay buffer, and stop solution.
- Quantitatively measures LDH release
- Fluorometric assay
- Assays performed directly in cell culture wells
- For the detection of cell toxicity, death, viability or proliferation.
- Ideal for high throughput screening.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Protein Assay Handbook & Selection Guide||An introduction to protein assays.|
- Singh, A. P. et al (2018) Serum Mortalin Correlated with α-Synuclein as Serum Markers in Parkinson's Disease: A Pilot Study. Neuromolecular Med.DOI.org/10.1007/s1201.Enteropathogenic E. coli effectors EspF and Map independently disrupt tight junctions through distinct mechanisms involving transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation.Sci Rep.doi:10.1038/s41598-018-22017-1
- Casado, A. et al (2017) Improved selectivity and cytotoxic effects of irinotecan via liposomal delivery: A comparative study on Hs68 and HeLa cells. Eur J Pharm Sci.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejps.2017.07.024
- Mohan, S. et al (2014) NeuroToxicology. DOI: 10.1016/j.neuro.2014.10.012
- Mohan, S. et al (2013) Front. Mol. Neurosci. 6:31
|CytoScan™-fluoro Cytotoxicity Assay||500 Assays||