PopLysis™ Yeast Lysis and Extraction
PopLysis™ Yeast Lysis and Extraction buffer is part of our PopLysis™ buffer systems. PopLysis™ buffers are based on cocktail of membrane solubilizing detergents optimized to rapidly solubilize and pop open membrane structures allowing cellular proteins to spill out into lysis solution. Furthermore, depending on the application, additional agents such as reducing agents, chelating agent, and protease inhibitors cocktail may be added into PopLysis™ Yeast Lysis and Extraction buffer. The Buffer has been tested to be effective in extracting proteins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Bacillus subtilis.
Traditional yeast proteins extraction and purification methods are cumbersome and results in low yield, e.g. glass bead lysis method. In comparison, PopLysis™ Yeast Lysis and Extraction Buffer give higher yields of protein and extraction is done at room temperature. Furthermore, PopLysis™ Yeast Lysis and Extraction Buffer is supplied as kit or buffer only option. The kit contains zymolase and nucleases to improve the protein extraction efficiency.
- Rapid and less cumersome: avoids traditional glass bead method of lysis. Lysis takes place with in 20-30 minutes.
- Vesatile: Suitable for extracting proteins from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Bacillus subtilis
- available as buffer only option or with zymolase and nucleases to increase protein extraction efficiency
- Aviods mechanical disruption of yeast
- PopLysis™ Yeast Lysis and Extraction Buffer is used fror extraction of yeast total cytosolic proteins.