Sulfhydryl Coupling Resin (Iodoacetyl Resin)
The Sulfhydryl Coupling Resin, or Iodoacetyl resin, is designed for the simple and efficient coupling of peptides and proteins to a solid 6% agarose support through free sulfhydryl groups (-SH). The iodoacetyl groups of the Sulfhydryl Coupling Resin specifically react with free sulfhydryls to form covalent, permanent thioether bonds (see figure). The long spacer arm reduces steric hindrance and ensures greater binding of proteins and antibodies during affinity purification.
Also available in a kit format for the generation of affinity columns by immobilizing proteins to 2ml spin columns.
Click here to request bulk or custom sizes.
- Simple & efficient coupling of peptides & proteins
- Stable coupling of proteins & peptides to form covalent thioether bonds
- Long spacer arm for reduced steric hindrance &greater protein & antibody binding
- Couples 1-2mg peptide & 2-20mg protein/ml resin
- Immobilization & coupling of free sulfhydryls of peptides, proteins & ligands
- Antibody purification
- Affinity Chromatography
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Plant Proteomics Handbook|
|Protein Labeling & Conjugation|
|Protein Purification Handbook|