MT1 (Melatonin receptor 1)
G-Biosciences offers full length, highly purified membrane proteins (GPCRs, Ion Channels, Transporters, Receptors and Viral Proteins) for research in antibody development, vaccine formulation and/or drug discovery.
A unique native isolation process was used to purify these integral membrane proteins with the highest purity levels while keeping their structural and functional integrity (no refolding or mutagenesis). This process conserves the functional and structural integrities of the targets/antigens. This has a significantly beneficial impact on the quality of the protein and on the success of the proteomics and drug discovery applications.
MT1 (Melatonin receptor 1) is a class A GPCR that modulates neuronal firing, arterial vasoconstriction, cell proliferation in cancer cells, and reproductive and metabolic functions.
MT1 (Melatonin receptor 1) is a good therapeutic candidate for insomnia, circadian sleep disorders, depression, cardiovascular regulation, cancer and neurodegenerative diseases.
- No refolding
- No mutagenesis/truncation/fusion
- Striking stability improvement
- High purity
- Maintain functional and structural integrities
- Class: GPCR Class A
- Affinity Tag: Strepx2/His (both N-terminal)
- Origin: Human
- Thero. MW: 44.8 kDa
- Accession#: P48039 (UniProt)
- Purity: >90%
- Concentration: Up to 5mg/ml
- Expression system: Sf9 insect cells (baculovirus)
- Purification: Immobilized Metal Affinity Chromatography
- Activity: Confirmed by radiobinding assay and activation of Gi.
- Storage conditions: Store at -80°C