SG-Lysine-C™ endopeptidase, from Lysobacter enzymogenes, is a serine protease highly specific in cleaving peptide bonds at the carboxy side of lysine. Highly purified preparations of SG-Lysine-C™ are chemically modified making the enzyme resistant to autolysis and stabilizing its enzymatic activity.
SG-Lysine-C™ is supplied lyophilized in 20μg vials. The enzyme is typically reconstituted to a concentration of 0.25μg/ml. For fragmentation, the enzyme is added to the sample protein in a ratio of 1:100 to 1:20 (enzyme to protein, by weight) in a standard digestion buffer.
- Modified Lysine-C for sequence analysis.
- Resistant to autolysis and degradation.
- High Specificity, free from other known endopeptidases.
- Consistency of activity levels from lot to lot for reproducible digestions.
- Recommended SG-Lysine-C™ to protein ratio, 1:100 to 1:20.
- Digestion of proteins for sequence analysis.
- Suitable for sequencing applications.