Protease Assay Kit (4 Citations)
The Protease Activity Assay Kit is designed for the quantitative determination of proteases present in a protein sample, using a dye-labeled protein substrate.
The proteases present in the sample of interest will digest the protein substrate and release dye labeled peptides. The absorbance of the dye-labeled peptide is measured at 570nm for determination of protease activity.
Chemically stabilized Trypsin (MSG-Trypsin™) is supplied with the kit as a general protease standard; however, other specific protease standards can also be used. MSG-Trypsin™ is an ultra-pure trypsin from bovine pancreas, modified by methylation followed by TPCK treatment and is extremely resistant to autolysis.
The kit components are sufficient for 50 assays in a microtiter plate format or 0.5 milliliter assay tubes.
- Determination of protease activity in biological samples, with nanogram detection levels
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Protease & Phosphatase Inhibitors & Proteases Handbook||A handbook & selection guide for inhibitors of protease & phosphatases & for proteases & assays|
|Protein Assay Handbook & Selection Guide||An introduction to protein assays.|
- Li, S. et al (2019) Activation of calcium signaling in human gingival fibroblasts by recombinant Porphyromonas gingivalis RgpB protein. Eur. J. Oral Sci.doi.org/10.1111/eos.12622
- Marine, E.J. et al (2016) Synthesis and Self-Assembly of Bundle-Forming α-Helical Peptide–Dendron Hybrids. Biomacromolecules. 17:336
- Tripathi, T. et al (2015) Receptors Clin Inv. doi: 10.14800/rci.917
- Sitepu, I. et al (2014) J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 41: 1061