HOOK™ Dye Labeling Kit (FITC) (2 Citations)
FITC (fluorescein isothiocyanate) is a commonly used fluorescent label for proteins, as it contains the groups required for conjugating to amino, sulfhydryl, imidazoyl, tyrosyl or carbonyl groups of proteins. FITC has a molecular weight of 389, and excitation and emission wavelengths of 494nm and 520nm, respectively, therefore emitting green visible light. This kit utilizes SpinOUT™ desalting columns, for the rapid removal of unconjugated dye.
This kit is an improvement on Cat. # 786-059 as it offers greater free dye removal and complete coupling in less time.
- Synonym: Fluorescein-5-Isothiocyanate
- CAS Number: 3326-32-7
- Linear Formula: C21H11NO5S
- Molecular Weight: 389.4
- Dye preweighed and supplied in single use OneQuant™ vials (Also available separately).
- Suitable for most proteins.
- Utilizes SpinOUT™ desalting columns, for the rapid removal of unconjugated dye
Labeling of a green fluorescent dye to proteins and peptides.
Suitable for antibody labeling.
|Material Safety Data Sheet|
|Assay Development||A handbook for selection of products for assay development, including coated plates, blocking agents, antibodies, enzymes and antibody labeling tools.|
|Protein Labeling & Conjugation|