Immobilized Biotin Resin (1 Citations)
Immobilized Biotin Resin is designed for the high affinity chromatography purifications of avidin, streptavidin and Neutravidin protein. The resin consists of biotin coupled to 6% cross-linked agarose.
Biotin, a 244 Dalton vitamin (Vitamin H) molecule, exhibits an extraordinary binding affinity for avidin (Ka=1015M-1) and streptavidin. Biotin and avidin interaction is rapid and once the bond is established it can survive up to 3M guanidine-hydrochloride and extremes of pH. Biotin-avidin bonds can only be reversed by denaturing the avidin protein molecule with 8M guanidine-hydrochloride at pH1.5 or by boiling in SDS PAGE sample loading buffer.
- Strong affinity for avidin, streptavidin and neutravidin
- Reusable resin, at least 10 times
- Covalently coupled to limit leaching
- Spacer arm: 9Å
- Isolatin of avidin, streptavidin and Neutravidin coupled molecules
- Immunoprecipitations with avidin, streptavidin and Neutravidin coupled antibodies